Monday, May 2, 2011

Practice what you preach!

I asked the question that I did yesterday for a reason.

I have had issues in my life in this area many times...over the next few days I will give examples.

All of us can be overtaken with the compulsion to go one way or another it is either 100 MPH or 5 MPH but no easy going.

This is not always a good thing.

I am coming up on the second anniversary of losing my first 100 lbs....I became very altruistic after losing that weigth and I would tell anyone in earshot how I did it for my family...that is where my passion and drive came from but it morphed into a fitness obsession in the name of my family.....it took me awhile to realize that I was taking time away from my family by doing what I told everyone I was doing for "them"!

This is why it is very important for all of us to think about why we really do things what is our true driver if it is good and just carry on as you will find balance...if something is off in your motivation check yourself and balance your goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment