Thursday, April 14, 2011

Resistance Training?????

Many people don't get the value of resistance/weight training in weight loss/fitness.

When I was losing a ton of weight I was all about cardio and eating right.....I had no idea that even though I lifted weights and muscle weighed a bit more than fat it enabled my metabolism to burn at a higher level which enabled me to eat more.

Resistance training is a big part of getting in shape so make sure you balance cardio with strength training.....nothing we can do to slow down father time and as we get older we lose muscle mass.....if you stick with weight training just 3 or 4 times a week you will hold on to precious muscle mass and keep the metabolism churning at a great pace......great time for a sugary snack right after a solid work out with the weights as well.....many college and professional teams go strong with chocolate milk right after their strength training sessions so if you want a bit of a cheat try it after a hard core weight session!

Keep everything balanced....cardio/resistance and diet and you will be where you want to be in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment