Friday, April 8, 2011

Fitness...is it a look or a feel?

Awesome article in our local paper earlier in the week on fitness being the way you feel and your condition not what you look like.

Many people are stuck in the mode of eyeballing people and assessing their wellness/fitness level.

I am here to tell you this could not be farther from the truth!

I worked out a ton and got my resting heart rate to triathlon athlete status my cardio work outs could not be touched...I lost some strngth but even after two years of hard core working out and a BF in the 9% range I battle cholesterol daily...it is a gene.

I can beat it by keeping my good HDL up to off set the ratio but that is what I need to do.

I have seen many folks people would deem chubby or sloppy that have fitness levels of Lance Armstrong it is genetinc and Body Composition......I am a bald man....if I went into a barber and said I want my hair to look like Steven Tyler's they would look at me sideway's as they should.

You can only work with what you got so make your expectations for yourself realistic and better yet don't worry about the judgements others make....it is your wellness think about how you feel not what you look like or what other's think of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment