Friday, March 18, 2011

Interval Training

For any of you that have spoken with me live or emailed with me you know I am a HUGE fan of interval training!

In my mind and throughout my weight loss journey....interval training was the fifferentiator in get 54% Body Fat to just under 8%.

Many people have been asking me what Interval Training really means.

It is a unique concept in that it means many things to many people.

I say figure out what it can mean for you and go with it!

The concept is the same no matter what activity you pursue....instead of running or riding at the same pace it calls for varying your work out......get the heart rate up for 30 seconds and then work moderatley for 60 seconds....crank it back up for 30 and so on and so forth.

It does not matter if it is walking and then walking faster.....sprinting and then jogging...whatever you can do vary the degree of intensity throughout your work out.

The reason you want to do this is your body will burn much longer post workout if you do thiss than if you just work out in a steady state.

Try it and I guarantee results over time!

No comments:

Post a Comment