Thursday, July 21, 2011

Calorie Counting

When I was in full on weight loss mode I really kept track of my calories.

I travel alot so I relied on details of calories at Wendy's Subway Panera just to name a few.

I would get the you pick two at Panera alot and I remember the difference in the size of the whole grain baguette I would get and it amazed me to think that they could put a standard count on a sandwich like that.

The articles all hit yesterday that explained that restaurants are usually off by more than 10% on their counts 70% of the time.

This makes sense as things that are made by hand have a margin for error.

Use the counts as a guideline and if you are really watching your calories if it looks to good to be true it probably is.......use common sense and remember that just because it says it is a certain amount of calories does not mean that the counts are not higher.

No comments:

Post a Comment