Monday, June 27, 2011

Old Fashioned Activity

I think in this day and age of counting claories and getting in X amount of minutes on the tread mill or in the gym we underestimate the value of a good old fashioned active life.

I had a great weekend in between all the reports I was banging through for work!

I took the family to an amusement park, we hiked in the metro park, played volleyball with my daughter, cut the lawn, walked the dogs.

I am not saying that the treadmill and all the other things we do are not important but I am trying to put it all in context....those things are not needed nearly as much if you stay acitve when you can.

There are so many things you can do with family and friends that you will truly enjoy instead of trudging away on equipment in the basement or at a gym.

Those things are needed if they are all you have time for but if you can get some good old fashioned activity going do it you will thank yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment