Monday, June 13, 2011

Get a Good Sweat Going!

I have some early travel in the morning so i wanted to get a post in now.

I was talking with some people today about how to judge theri daily level of activity.

It is a very hard topic because it is so specific to each individual.

Sedentary to me could be Highly Active to another.

Vigorous Activity to me could be nothing to someone else.

I try and go by these few rules....if you break a good sweat you are getting a work out in usually.  If you can get the sweat going and sustain it for 20 minutes on a minimum you are golden.  Some people are not as apt to sweat...in that case monitor your cardiovascular conditioning by how fastyou can walk, ride a bike or run and still carry on a conversation....I would argue it is not a real good work out until you have a hard time with conversation.

Two rules to look at...are you breaking a sweat and is it easy for you to conversate?

Think about where you are in this equation and it will help you figure out whether or not you are getting in good work outs.

No comments:

Post a Comment