Sunday, February 20, 2011

Are all foods created equal?

When I was 288 lbs. and 54% body fat I had no understanding of calories or nutrients within different foods...I ate when I was hungry and I ate until I was full and then when I got hungry again I started the cycle over!  Seemed simple....in my early 20's it was simple and I stayed right around 170 lbs. eating that way...as I have matured I have realized I need to be very careful.

You need to understand the different values of food on a day to day basis!

You can eat a plate of steamed broccoli and cauliflower and feel as full as you do if you eat two Krispy Kreme galzed donuts but what that food is doing for you is very different.

My wife is very good at trying to have our family eat balanced food groups at meals....balanced meaning a carb a protein and fruits and vegetables.......dairy is built in wherever possible.

When you start thinking about balanced meals you will naturally start to eat a bit better.

Try and think about the type of food you eat...how "clean" is it....meaning how close to a farmed resource is it?

The farther you get from natural the less your body is getting out of it and the odds are the tighter your pants are getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment