Thursday, August 18, 2011

Denial

My wife and I are learning a critical lesson.

I have always discussed with people my 80-20 rule and never dieting all the way through losing my 154 lbs.

That said much of my journey had to do with treating myself and enjoying the things in life I enjoy.  I am a firm believer that you can't go cold turkey on things and the more you deprive yourself of something the better the chances become for a binge or an out and out fall off the wagon experience.

We are pretty strict about the food our kids eat so when we go on vacation and loosen up the rules we all go crazy with sweets and other goodies.

We watch others who aren't as strict day to day and they grab one cookie and look at me sideways when I eat nine.

All this said it is a simple concept...if you go to crazy in deprivation to achieve a goal odds are you won't maintain that behaviour long term and your goal achievement will have been meaningless.

All this said look for balance and stay away from denial....go for moderation.

No comments:

Post a Comment