Friday, November 4, 2011

Selfish?

So we have been told by many different people in many different forms of media that we should work out 30 minutes a day.

Since I began my weight loss journey over three years ago now I have heard every excuse and reason for people not having the time to invest in their own well being.

Many time people explain that they don't have time.

People go on to explain to me how there is only so much time in the day and if they have family, friends and loved ones it would be selfish to take a half hour away from them when they could be spending time together.

I say right back to them if that hlps you sleep at night good for you because that mind set disgusts me.  That is a convenieint reason to not work out period.

It is the exact opposite of selfish to take care of yourself 30 minutes a day.

Do you have any idea how many 30 minute periods it would take to get you an extra ten years on your life not to mention the improvement in quality of life.

If you are out there and you have ever thought it was selfish to take 30 minutes a day to work out....get over yourself.

30 minutes a day could be the most selfless thing you can do for your friends family or yourself long term.

Trust me on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment