Saturday, December 3, 2011

Practice?

My daughter is very involved in Tae Kwon Do and basketball right now.

This morning she had practice for hoops from 8-10 and then Tae Kwon Do from 10:15 - 11:00...boy does that type of Saturday morning schedule put a ten year old in a happy mood!  :)

I was able to run her to the different activities so my wife could get caught up on other things.

We had a very interesting discussion.....she was telling me how she hates the first hour of practice because it is all drills....she said she loves the last half when she gets to play the game.  I asked her why she liked TKD so much then since it is a ton of repetition and no games.  She explained she enjoyed the challenge.

This whole interchange with my ten year old got me to thinking how so many people just want to get to the game...we don't want to practice......study......or even read the directions we just want to get on with it.

The trouble is if you go about life just getting on with it and you fail the results can be tragic.  As I explained to my daughter the importance of practice and repetition ans well as gaing enough knowledge to make proper decisions I am sure it wnet in one ear and out the other....heck she is a youngster.

I learned a lot from our conversation and one of the key findings I got is the importance of practice and education in everything we do.  If life is the game and we all truly want to play the game we should spend a ton of time digging intot he specifics that will enable us to win at the game of life.  We should practice and practice to assure success.

If you want to win at the game of life get focused and put some time in!

No comments:

Post a Comment