Sunday, December 18, 2011

Mental Strength

I mentioned the inspiration I have received from our friends going through a tough trial right now.

What I would say is that through my weight loss journey and as I watch what my friends are going through currently I have realized without mental strength physical strength is irrelevant!

You must be strong mentally in order to have any shot of accomplishing a challenging goal.

At breakfast today my wife and I were having a discussion about the holidays and loosening up on diet around the holidays.

She said I can't wait until the holidays are over so I can get back to eating right.  I told her to watch the choice of words....she has made a decision to loosen up until the holidays are over.  The holidays are just an excuse to loosen up.

I am fully behind letting yourself go at family get togethers etc. during the holidays......what I don't think is right is blaming the holidays.

We always need to keep in mind that we decide what we want to do and what we don't.  Holidays or not we decide what we can and can't do.  It is much tougher to stay disciplined around the holidays....that said it is ultimately about your mental strength as to whether the holidays become a three week binge or an enjoyable time at a few gatherings.

No comments:

Post a Comment